Wednesday 24 April 2013

French Interior - Ile De Re, France - Traditional & Contemporary Twist.

This lovely French home is in  Île de Ré on the French Atlantic coast. The  interior of this traditional French home is filled with lots of unexpected surprises and the garden has "real panache". A mix of both contemporary and antique furnishing and artwork, with twists and turns, each room has a completely different feel, I'm sure no one could get bored living in this fabulous home. Which is your favourite room?






























Image sources via Trendland

We hope you've had a lovely weekend, were suffering the rain now in Auckland after our longest hot summer ever and I'm not looking forward to what might be a long wet winter :(.




4 comments:

  1. It's hard to pick just one room, they're all amazing. There's some gorgeous, unique art. I do love the living room with the ocean photo. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Vic, yes I saw a similar artwork I left a comment on your latest post. It's obviously a trend to hang large artwork of the sea. I just love this home, it has some really interesting art and artifacts.

      Delete
  2. As much as I like french interiors, this one is too modern for me. But some pieces are quite nice, I like that old iron bath:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is beautiful. The garden also ! I like the large photo in the living room.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.