Monday 7 April 2014

Weekly Inspiration - A Gluten Free Torte, DIY homeware projects and some inspiring Blue and White Interiors

1. Torta de Sandiago (gluten and dairy free torte) from Heneedsfood

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with a friend who is re-finishing a gorgeous French table and we ended up talking about stencils and their use for furniture painting projects. Although this torte has nothing to do with furniture or painting, I am sure it caught my eye because of the stencil like design on top. Actually it is the reverse of stencilling but looks really effective. It would also look lovely with a Fleur-de-lis or maybe you could stencil a bunny for Easter. Gluten and dairy free, It is one to try.

This weeks picks include a couple of yummy recipes, some DIY homeware projects and some irresistible interiors. A list of quick links to recipes and tutorials can be found at the end of this post.

2. Mini Chocolate Cakes with Cardamom buttercream and Lemon Curd - Indulgent and far from dairy and gluten free but delicious for those of you lucky ones that don't have to worry about allergies....Recipe at Off Beat & Inspired

3. Want to freshen up your natural cane-ware, give it a new lease of life with some spray paint. See how at Better Life Bags

4. A pretty touch to a tea or hand towel...Read more at Girltown

5. Instructions for this Modge Podge egg can be found at Market Nine Home. You can download the free hare transfer plus many other designs over at the Graphics Fairy. I think you could use PVA glue if you don't have Modge Podge. 

Ending with a few blue and white pins that caught my eye last week...

6. Lots of layering in this cosy reading corner. I love the toile wallpaper and the fine striped fabric on the sofa. The dainty side table works wonderfully with the stripes. I could quite happily reside in this corner for the remainder of the day. 

7. Painting or stencilling a design on a piece of painted furniture is a great way to show it off. I spotted this little chest on Pinterest and traced back to Solgarden where it is available for purchase.

8. Illustrating how mixing patterns of one colour can work fabulously in this country look bedroom

Quick Links:

1. Torta de Sandiago from Heneedsfood
2. Mini Chocolate Cakes with Cardamom buttercream and Lemon Curd from Offbeat & Inspired
3. Spray painted caneware at Better Life Bags
4. Pretty DIY dishtowels from Girltown
5. Modge podge egg. Instructions at Market Nine Home 
8. Image via (original source not found, link to Pinterest source)



I hope your having a great weekend wherever you may be in the blogasphere. It is another glorious day in Auckland so I am shortly swapping the keyboard for a paintbrush and plan to paint the back of my study bookshelf. I will share some images of the progress of my home office on the blog later this week.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that dresser is to die for... pinning for future reference! Will pin that gf cake too, and what a great idea with the stencil! Love it!

    xokelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, if you can pin the cake from the original source rather than my page it might be nice for the person that created the cake. I love the painted cabinet too, I think it is actually hand painted rather than stencilled, looking closely. I have been looking for some stencils and ideas to have a go at painting some furniture myself, do you know any sites?

      Lee :)

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.