Wednesday 18 June 2014

The New York Home of Film Maker/Photographer Hans Neleman & His Family


Film-maker and photographer Hans Neleman and fashion designer, Tessa Neleman-Pimontel chose to take on the interior design of their New York suburban home. Together, they have created an imposing residence for their family, reflecting their love of organic materials and antique or re-purposed furniture.  Classic in style with a touch of opulence (as seen in the bedroom). Neutral in colour scheme, but far from neutral in looks, the owners talent for great design stands out in this wonderful home with timeless appeal.



I was drawn to this interior immediately, I keep going back to absorb as much as I can. What fascinates me, is its eclectic mix of textures and pattern in neutral tones. A home with panache, yet at the same time grounded. There is no way that anyone can say "beige is boring" here.



Images via
Lee oxo


Linking this post with:


4 comments:

  1. Whoa... what an amazing home. I agree... so much texture and depth and soooo interesting. I love that it looks like a place where a family could actually live without worrying about being too perfect and tidy. I'm so glad that you shared it... their home is an inspiration for sure.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy, I am fascinated by this home and keep looking at it over and over, spotting new things.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Oh what an interesting home. I love it all, so beautiful and the decor is fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.